Tuesday 2 March 2010

Main Article Photo and Plugs

In todays lesson I focused more on the background and editing the pictures. I edited all the pictures I had liked from the ones I took the other day. The picture I chose to do was one I edited to emphasise the colour in the picture which is what was the most voted when I asked the target audience what colours they would like to see on a country music magazine, as they prefered the colours of the background rather then a plain colour. However I liked the idea of having the colour of the background one colour, although the picture that was chosen has a white background which is the pictures acctuall background colour so I felt that there was more variation in how people wanted the background, as it is a plain background but is the general background of the picture.

Looking at the country magazines by my competitors I have noticed that they do not put too much information about what is in the magazine on the front cover. I liked this idea as the image with the text would not be forgotten when the target audience look at the magazine. One example of a magazine with not much writing on the front is the magazine 'Country'. They use this techneque alot in their magazines as all the recent magazines they have produced latley seem to have most the information on the contents. Although country music magazines only focus on the main article and other details which can be found in the magazine I like the idea of filling the cover up a little more then just the main article. So I decided that the best thing to do was to use this technique but where appropriate add some other relevence to the other articles in the magazine, for example, use more plugs to tell the reader more about the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment