Monday 15 March 2010

Double Page Spread 2

I was originally planning to use my main article feature of 'Christanium' however I thought it would be interesting to try to put in different types of people as my magazine woulod have to appeal to more then one person to be able to sell. So I decided to introduce a new country artist. Even though she is not mentioned on my front cover I thought that I could just make it seem as if it is the same magazine just a different issue. Today I started on my double page spread. I put into consideration my ideas about my double page spread and thought that I could just use cut out images and edit them on but it would look much better to do something fun with it. I had taken a picture of Lauren with her hands over her eyes, which I thought could look interesting, so I cut half the picture and changed the background colour to a mutual tone. However as I tried to cut out the background of the picture I accidently deleted the picture so I decided it would be easier to start again, I repeated this and managed to make the background the same colour as the page, I then found the other picture I had edited and pasted that on top of the other one to see what the effect was. I didnt think that it would come out well at all but I liked how the two pictures blended together so I decided to keep it how it was. I made the background of the double page spread a green colour which blended nicely with the colours in the picture. I realised that I had cut the picture so it only had half of Laurens hand showing so I thought it could look interesting to put a black line next to the picture to cover the end of her hand and to also make the picture stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment