Monday 18 January 2010

Questionnaire Evaluation

Looking at the results from my servay questions I have decided to present the layout of my country music magazine with a puff saying 'The UK's top selling country music magazine'. I thought this sounded interesting as country music magazines are not as popular in England as they are in other countrys so I thought this puff would sound much more realistic and more local then just saying something like 'Top selling country magazine' or something similar. Althought this wasnt acctually a question in the survay I decided to add on another question about the puff. There was a choice of three different puffs, which include:

Which one of these would catch your attension the most?

"The UK's biggest selling music magzine"                                            5
"The UK's top selling country music magazine"                                   10
"The all time best selling country music magazine"                              5

As the most of the people who I asked the puff that stood out the most was the one I will use for my magazine. Also in the questionnaire I asked which name people would prefer the magazine to be named. I decided to give two options. One which was 'Rodeo' and the other 'Lassoo'. I thought these sounded good for a country music magazine because they have some kind of connection to the conventions of a music magazine, which could be something that people would assume country music singers would look like or do. The most common name was 'Lassoo' so I have decided to use this as my masthead. However when drawing up my design breif I realised that this could become a problem as the word is very short and if I was to enlarge the image of the masthead it would take up most of the magazine and would not fit in with any conventions that I want to use. So by fixing this problem I extended the word. Instead of using the correct spelling I used 'Lassoooo'. I thought that this would be suitable as it will make the magazine seem more personal to the audience and they will know that the magazine is not meant to be seen as sirious writing or pictures and other different conventions. I thought it would be really good to try out some different styles of font for the masthead and when thinking about it I made another blog entry with different suggestions of how to make the mastead and a variety of fonts. I am considering using the one that is written in the style of rope as it could be considered as some kind of conection to country music as 'country' makes me think that it would look like old western. Although making this connection is making me think that the first font style would be more appropriate in this case.

Another judgement I have made about my magazine is to make the colour scheme blue, black, and silver. Thinking about this I think that it may be hard to make all these the main colour scheme, however I thought that if I was to make the background already either blue or silver, this could be helpful as I can make the colour of the text black which would make the text stand out as well as the background. I thought that a natural background would be good to use in this case, for example, Maverick used a picture that had a blue background which was the beach as the water was blue and they had edited the main colour of the sand to make it appear almost a sliver colour. This is acctually where I got the idea to give the option of this colour scheme as I really liked the calm atmosphere the colours created. Also because the font/colour of the magazine is apparently important to my target audience as they rated it the highest convention they would look for to stand out in a music magazine, beating the main article photo and plug which came in joint second. I figured that the if my target audience were willing to pay up to £2.50 for a music magazine then I wouldnt make the magazine with to much expensive materials. For example I wouldnt use expenisive paper or really good quality paper as this would not be an important aspect of the magazine. With the mode of address I have decided to make it comedic and lightheaded as they both came in joint first in the results and my targert audience would be more likley to want this magazine if the context of the writing was in this state rather then sirious and straight foward informative. Using the results for my questionnaire I want to make the magazine have new and original ideas rather then following all the conventions of other magazines. Im not sure yet how I am going to do this as most of my ideas do follow the general conventions of a magazine, however I will when I update my blog explain some thoughts on how I could do this and still make my ideas new and original, maybe even by following the general conventions of the magazine.

6. Would a free gift enhance the chance of purchasing the magazine?


Yes 16
No 4

No comments:

Post a Comment